- The Club
The Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC) was founded in 1891 and its home ground was the Queen’s Park Savannah. In 1896 the club applied for and was granted a lease at its existing location. QPCC quickly developed as the leading cricket club in the country and when the Trinidad Cricket Council was formed in the 1950s it held responsibility for the administration of cricket in Trinidad and Tobago. At the same time it was the agent of the West Indies Cricket Board of Control in Trinidad and Tobago. Both these roles were given up with the formation of the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board of Control in the 1970s.
The club has a membership base of 2,700 in membership categories which include colts, overseas members, honorary members and full members. QPCC competes competitively in cricket, football, squash, tennis, hockey. On a non-competitive basis members enjoy a variety of indoor games, including snooker, table tennis and bridge. The club also provides a fully equipped gymnasium for the convenience of the members and their families. Many of the club members have represented the country in their respective disciplines and others have served as administrators at the highest level, most notably as President of the West Indies Cricket Board.
The club’s motto is Proud to be Parkite.
QPCC Club Committee